02 November 2011
Door of Opportunity
Our main door will probably have to be replaced ("you might want to go ahead and buy a door. I was hoping you wouldn't have to, but. . . ."), possibly some of the sub-flooring-- we won't know how bad the rot is until the door is taken out. Oh, yay.
Door of opportunity for the contractor-- a job and more money in his pocket. An opportunity to be rid of the purple door! Though I do like the glass in it, the purple has never appealed to me as part of a house.
Opportunities for me don't usually come in "door size," I usually get windows or mouse hole size and then go crashing through them. One of the many lessons I've learned is that not every opportunity that comes along "should" be taken, unlike the guiding proverb. And by necessity, taking one opportunity often eliminates others, so it's important to be picky and consider possible consequences.
One of life's many lessons and 'balances'-- the fabled "Door of Opportunity."
~Cedeham~
p.s.
I'll post a pic of the door and rot later-- I have to take one first
No comments:
Post a Comment