Looks like we've started our annual "heat wave," here in the PNW. Early this afternoon the two temp readings from my large deck, in the shaded parts was about 95-degrees!!
HOT!!!
I know, it's nothing compared to some places. I've lived in some of them. Hubby's endured the intensive heat of the Middle East on his deployments, so he's actually kind of liking the weather-- "This is nothing compared to the heat in ______, where it was 130-some degrees and __________ humidity and. . . ." Yeah, thanks, but no!
I like milder, less extreme temperature changes. I get very cranky with heat, and too pained with the cold. So, I rather like the PNW because of the very temperate climate.
The upcoming water bill is going to be rather horrid, since I've had to run a lot of water outside on the fruit trees and recently transplanted laurels and berries and greenhouse! But it's worth it, because we're eating from those sources. We don't water the lawn, per se. . . unless the kids want to play in the sprinkler or set up a make-shift slip 'n slide.
Did I mention about how the little Boogers did that? We had a close friend w/ three boys visiting during some really nice weather back in April. The kids set up a tarp on the lawn, grabbed ALL the bars of soap from the main bathroom (um, when I say "all" I mean every soap that was in the basket-- which was probably 5-7 bars!!, used the soap to make the tarp slick with the water running over it. They had an absolute blast, though there was some complaints about "itchy butt crack" because they failed to wash the soap out! *lol*
It's so hot today, I'm half tempted to set up that ol' "poor man's" slip 'n slide and use it myself. . . but, no. Being the clutz I am, I'd probably sprain something and then I'd be unable to do the massive amount of work that remains to be done.
Speaking of work remaining, I guess it never truly gets done-- it's just a cycling part of life. I guess I should be grateful that the weather is nice and for the yard work, as it gives me a break from all the sheetrock hanging and construction/remodeling work that I assisted in doing for our "Hangout" and our other house. Yeah, nice change of pace. Keeps things interesting, colorful, and a reminder that life is very full and that life is a gift. . . a gift that requires work! :-P
May this find my readers sippin' some sun tea or other summery-type beverage, chillin' and being grateful for the little treasures life gives.
~Cedeham~
Chief Executive Domestic Engineer and Household Affairs Management,
although I'm starting to like the sound of "Empiress," which came to me the other day. Hubby still likes the term "Domestic Goddess."
No comments:
Post a Comment