I know, I know: It's been months since I've posted an entry. I've tried a few times, but just wasn't "feelin' it."
I'd planned on doing a photo update, but I still have to modify the photos, which I haven't done.
This entry is going to be disappointingly short-- we've been busy.
What have we been up to since the middle of April? Uh, mostly mundane stuff like, um, housework and property work.
We had our barn sided, to protect the investment we've put into it since moving here. It looks great and will be low-maintenance.
The kids are officially both teens now, and finished the school year last month. They've been enjoying their summer break, and not having to go to school every day.
Recently we joined a "farm-to-table" food thing called Full Circle. You can read more about it by clicking on the title/link. We have been very happy with our weekly produce, and a quite pleased with the decrease in grocery bill! And, healthier food, almost all of which is organic.
Um, what else? We've had a drought for a couple of weeks now. That's quite a thing living in the PNW.
I suppose the most exciting thing (aside from learning that raccoons are nature's pesticides for hornets!) is that for the first time since buying this property, the pear trees are producing! As are all three apple trees. So long as the deer and birds stay away from them, we might get a decent crop. We should have had a decent crop of blueberries, too, but it looks like perhaps the birds have gotten to them before we get them. Not sure what ate the rest of my strawberries-- it ate the leaves, too, whatever it was.
So basically, we're living life. Our life. Workin' and playing.
One day I'll get around to posting pics.
In the meanwhile, we're all still alive. . . and I suppose well.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment