Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Decade


Just a quick little post to wish everyone a Happy New Year and New Decade.

Didn't do anything special (as usual), and I was saddened at the thought that Hubby and I were not just distanced by physicality and time zones, but that he had entered the new year and new decade without me! How dare him! Well, what else can you do when obeying one's calling? You live with it, because the other choice is to not live with it.

Some things I (Cedaham) want for 2011?

~ Hubby's safe return home!
~ Better luck/fortune/blessing than 2010, because 2010 was a really difficult year
~ Healing
~ To encourage the growth of my children towards being the people they are and were meant to be (not necessarily who I want them to be).


Well, at least one of those is my choice! The others, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. And instead of listing the HUGE list of bad stuff that happened for our family the past year, I'll just list a few of the highlighted positives.

~ Made tough decisions that were healthier for our entire family
~ Made further acquaintance with neighbors and actually reached out (that's hard for me)
~ Was enormously grateful for the assistance we've received from several people in the preparations and duration of Hubby's deployment (and I hope they're still around when he comes home!)
~ Progressed in learning-- our entire family did this on many levels! Cedeham, for one, learned to sprout beans and lentils; learned to cook an Indian food inspired chicken curry and cardamon rice (YUMMY!); kids learned to cook new foods and got better at what they've been practicing on for quite a few years now; Hubby learned... how much he loves and misses his family; his family learned what an incredible man he is and how much he sacrifices to provide for them! And much more
~ Have been able to reach out and help others, usually anonymously (my favorite!), and teaching the kids how to sneak "gift" people. They had a lot of fun with that, and want to go spinning off in every direction giving gifts to everyone. I am very proud to say they have been like that since they were just little tots with only a couple pieces of candy (of their own) at Halloween!
~ It's easier to teach when a person is willing to learn; I must be willing to learn in order to set a good example for my children (aside from that, I'd do it anyway because I LOVE to learn!)
~ Good and bad things happen, that's called life. Deal with it in the best and healthiest way possible, which may include finding new "avenues."
~ When you're willing to put forth effort (in a relationship, in work, in art, in life, in love, in anything, really), you'll be rewarded by natural consequences. Might want to make sure the effort is worth the consequence! Such as, don't try to sneak something past Mom-- Mom not only knows (and has probably done it or tried it), Mom is mean and will ensure natural consequences take place. . . along with a lecture! Equally, when you put forth effort to do something good, good consequences "should" result (even if the motivation is selfish)-- aka, Mom can be nice and allow extra computer time for a Boy who wore himself out chopping and hauling wood, and Girl got to learn how to crochet, which she's been wanting to learn for a while! :)
~ We're a special family, and we have to fight for each other; we have to team together; if we do that, we'll be unstoppable. . . We could be super-heroes! Now to arrange just the right accident to get super powers!

May each of my family members and acquaintance find fulfillment and satisfaction in the coming year.

~Cedeham~
p.s.
I'm going to try to post a picture of Mt. Pilchuck, as seen from my living room window on 31 Dec 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment