22 July 2011
Vacation For Mom
There's no denying how hectic the last few years have been for our little family. I've posted a minor amount on this here blog, but there are definitely more stories. Just not enough time to tell them, nor is this necessarily the place to put them.
The homeschool group for the kids ended at the end of June, with a potluck at one of the teachers' house. It was a great little get together, and the kids had a lot of fun running around that property with the friends they had made over the past year from this start-up group. Also, to my delight, though we are out of district, we were invited to come back for next year. Quite likely, we'll do that, because of the experiences and stability the group provides. There was some nice support during Hubby's deployment, and it gave us. . . something-- I lack a proper expression-- to keep going.
Moving-- good golly I should be a "pro" at this, being this was my 30th move. But I'm not. Maybe because this move is far different from any we have done before. We're sort of at an amazing place in life right now, and it's difficult to take it all in and get everything done that needs to be done. I've just about 'finished' setting up the new place (I don't think there really is ever a "finish" when it comes to homemaking, because it's always a work-in-progress), but there is still loads of work on the new property to do, while a whole heap of work at the other property to do. Also, we have to make a decision on whether we're going to rent out or sell the other property. Likely, the economy being what it is, we'll see if we can rent it out and hope that the housing market comes back up and sell at that time. We aren't looking to make money off the place, but we definitely don't want to lose!
So in the midst of trying to figure out how to take care of a fallen 30+ year old apple tree (the ground has been way 'softer' than usual, so the ground hasn't held the apple tree up like it's supposed to), what to do when the tree fruits are ready, and how to stop a pre-teen from eating all the berries for breakfast (strawberries have been growing and eaten like crazy, the rasberries and blueberries are now ripening), keeping out nosy people, and just trying to live the life we want, well, I decided it was high time I take a vacation. Ever supportive, Hubby basically said, "I told you to take one a couple of months ago, but you wouldn't listen. What's taking so long?" So here I am, in a nice hotel room with a king size bed (points put onto Hubby's account, to his gratitude), and except for the A.C. and refer running, it's quiet. Really quiet. Ahhhh.
Sort of odd, when one considers how incredible our new home is. It's a fantastic little place on a big piece of land (well, big enough, though admittedly it'd be nice to have neighbors that lived a little farther away). But being a homemaker, wife, mother, and all the other 'jobs' I do, being at our lovely place is work; it's a vacation for anyone who visits (we had our first, official guests over for Girl's b-day), but for me, there's only work. I had considered just going to the other house for a little quiet, but it's far too noisy (a factor to our moving) and it's more work there, and the little kids around that area still think they have the right to pass through and/or play on the property. . . not going there-- I'll just get mad. So, vacation.
I don't have any set plans, really, other than to just enjoy myself. Might go to that day spa that I tried out in December tomorrow, though without the "extras" that I got last time. I have always found water to be soothing, unless of course it involves cleaning the dishes! I'm considering walking over to the major book store that's across the busy highway tonight, but likely won't because 1) it involves walking and I'm tired, and 2) I'd probably buy more books, which I don't need, and 3) um. . . come to think of it.... it's not that long of a walk and I could leave my purse locked in the safe and then I would continue to strain my already strained back. Hmm....
Anyway, life has always been crazy for our little family, and busy. It's just gotten more so, likely because we're able to handle it better.
That's the drawback to strength training, whether muscles or character-- the stronger one becomes, the more weight it takes to make one stronger, and the longer one must carry the weight to gain more endurance. Since life has indicated to us that it will be stopping or slowing down any time soon, between deployments, moving, serious illnesses of family and friends, deaths, and well, life, I'm taking a vacation. . . and giving my family a vacation from me, too! They need it as much, if not more, than I do!
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment