Friday, August 5, 2011

That's Good Advice






I'm quite skilled at giving advice, but do try very hard to give it only when asked. Not always successful in the latter endeavor. And, probably can even be called "hypocritical" because rarely do I take my own good advice! You know, things like, "If your brain is fried, take a little break, drink some water and then get back to it," or "It's okay for Moms to rest, and very important for them to do so they can have the energy needed to be a good parent." I'm pretty much a complete failure at following such sound advice-- especially the simple stuff, like "resting."

There is precious little in my life to concern myself about other than the welfare of my family. I love my family-- Hubby, Boy, and Girl. They are my world (a small one, but given my fairly extensive travels and living abroad for nearly a half decade, I'm calling it good). But I haven't set the example of the advice I've given; advice to the kids of taking a break from their school work to give their brain a bit of a rest and water is always useful and needed by the body, or even my advice to other parents (particularly moms) of special-needs kids, "Make sure you get proper rest!"

Today my refrain has been, "But there's not time for me to rest!" To which I get the reply, "When will there ever be time unless you create it? What advice is it you keep giving, but you're not doing?" *sigh*

This weekend isn't just a "Vacation for Mom," it's far deeper, but much needed. Finally, with some amount of external force, I am following my advice of "Make sure you take care of yourself (eat well, rest enough, work smarter)." I am doing a special "take care of yourself," and I am hoping not only will I come back a better person for it, but more importantly to go home a better mom and a better wife. It is my hope that I am setting a good example for my kids with this-- taking the time to take care of my "brain problems."

Life is short, make the most of it. That's pretty good advice, too, but all I really do is quote people who've given advice long before my time.

And to close this soap-box post, I quote my Beloved Hubby, "It is what it is." It's his version of calling a "horse" a "horse," instead of a "mare" or "stallion." Either way, it's still a horse!

~Cedeham~
p.s.
We are STILL without internet at our homes, thus the decrease of entries. But don't worry, we have lots of projects to take care of, work to get done, and are keeping busy with this 'new' life of ours.

p.p.s.
I am loving this new Sony digital 12.1 megapixel camera!! :D Also happy about the clearance price-tag that was on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment