11 Oct 2011
CRUNCH TIME
We've lived in the new house for six months now, but we haven't yet fully moved! Winter is rapidly approaching (time is relative), and we still need to finish moving and so much other work. And, we have got to get some renters for our other house before the holidays.
I got a referral from my Realtor (we've purchased two houses from him, and he's helped us in other ways) for a Property Management place (which is also a realty place, so when it comes time to sell. . . .) and I've emailed w/ the owner a few times. Actually, she emailed me first, as my Realtor contacted her as soon as I had asked him and here we are. Tonight I spent some time talking with one of the agents, and the one who would serve as property manager. I'm kind of excited about this whole prospect now, because the cost is reasonable and she serves our interest in a very "renter-friendly State." I had expected to just be transferred to voice mail, because I called after 7:30pm, but she answered. She patiently answered my questions, explained the process, and explained her work ethic. I was very pleased with each contact w/ this local company. Thanks again to my great Realtor! :)
And now it's Crunch Time. Time to pack up the rest of what I'm keeping (but don't yet have a place to put it, so temporarily it's going to storage), give away and throw out everything else, do a move-out clean and hope Hubby can take care of the yard there. And, we've got about a week to accomplish this mountainous task. Yeah, not sure how it's going to turn out yet.
So, as usual, it's one step at a time-- but how on earth is that done while multi-tasking? Somehow we are managing, in spite of everyone except me having gotten colds/flu recently (I'm usually the one to be sick), homeschooling, home/school partnership program, along with all the other "normal" stuff of home management (times two). Ahh, ain't life grand?
I have to admit, I'm note looking too forward to this winter. It always snows "more than usual" every time we've moved in the past, and we don't have anyone out here to really. . . help. I might actually have to learn to drive in the snow!!! (freaked out face)
And there won't be the 'end of the street with some folks and a fire/heat thingy, chillin' and story telling and enjoying just "being" and laughing at some stupid stunts-- such as being on a spinny, rolling chair and using two leaf blowers as propellers (that was fun!); laughing at some weird guy riding a tiny motorcycle on compact snow and ice yelling deeply "YAAAAA" with a dog yipping and sliding behind him; laughing at the Viking Dude being on a mini-motorcycle on the compact snow and ice and not keeping balanced (insert reason why here) and the thing looking like a toy with him wrapped up in it (still chuckling). Those are some of the fond memories that I'll miss this year. I'll miss the neighborly "we're all snowed in" waves, helping others out and being helped out. But hey, maybe there will be something great for this winter, like the fact Hubby won't be deployed! :) We are more self-reliant than in years past, though still in need of community.
Good thing the future isn't written in stone, because if it were, it might get smashed during Crunch Time.
~Cedeham~
p.s.
I am still in the process of harvesting apples. I have already harvested over 6 "25-pound rice bags," given at least half of that away, and still have probably 2-3 more of the same size bags to go. . . and no more bags to put them in. I harvested some of the grapes-- very tart, excellent for jam and wine. Now to learn to make both. . . . The figs haven't ripened yet, and I'm not sure if there's time left before the frost hits. Hubby's tomatoes that he started from seeds got blight, so he's very upset about that. My basil is pretty much all harvested, and what's left is piddly because Hubby's tomatoes took over in the green house. Much more work to do, thus I find "The more work you do, the more work there is to do."
No comments:
Post a Comment