![]() | |
| New Christmas Tree~ Dec 2011 |
Hubby love Christmas. Like, with childish enthusiasm. It's a lot of fun to watch.
Seems this Christmas a lot of people are feeling the effects of our failed economy (yes, I know the government is still using the "-ing" ending, but I'm using full past tense), which our little family has been used to for our entire established life. Though we are a little better off this year than in years past, we're able to focus still on what's really important.
Gift-giving is the heart and soul of this time of year. I have certain views of gift-giving, which are one of the many "alternative" views I hold. Here's the freedom I'd like to pass to those who hold us in regard: we don't really need anything! A thoughtful card is enough, even for our children. Anything hand-made is an absolute delight to receive, and is very much appreciated by each of our members (yes, even the children delight in hand made gifts). Since this blog is primarily focused on giving family and close friends information about us, I want to give you. . . freedom. The freedom from obligatory gift-giving. If you just can't refrain and want to, that's fine. If you feel obligated, that's not so fine-- please give a gift/donation to someone in need as an alternative and there are more than enough people who are in need this year.
When I find the energy, I hope to post a more "newsletter" type of blog, a summary of the year like traditional Christmas/Letters and cards. But I can honestly say, don't anticipate receiving the traditional mail card; my energy is completely depleted (also called "burn out"). If I do get an annual summary posted here, it will be a big enough deal.
Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers, and know that you are in ours.
To each of our family members and friends, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
~Cedeham~

No comments:
Post a Comment