There's fireworks and gunshots going off outside (and neighbors were pissed about us posting no trespassing signs, which declared protection by 2nd Amendment Right?). Interesting, given the only 'weapon' we've discharged on our property have been bb guns and "airsoft' guns, out of respect for weaponry and safety for others. But, we live out in county parts, so there's little restrictions on holiday celebrations.
Now that it's just past midnight into 2012, I'm gong to bed, as usual. Normally we sleep through the New Year (cause I'm sort more for putting New Year back to April 1st, which makes far more sense). Hubby tried falling asleep before the 8pm hours, claiming he was "tired" after being taught and performing the felling of trees (which he thoroughly enjoyed); I'm enjoying the heat those trees are providing this evening, as it's been chilly in the house (62-degrees) all day, and since I can't warm up. . . . .
Busy, yet out of the ordinary day for us. We finally had our first guests out-- not "pick up/drop off kids" or contractors... simple get together, which Hubby and I found much needed, and the kids enjoyed it too. Bummer it was so chilly in the house, and that I'm still not terribly well (which also means there some serious housework to be done). Ahhh... such is life. Thanks to our guests who took the time to visit with us. We are grateful. Guess we're not total hermits.... yet.
Here's to 2012-- to health and good fortune for our family and friends. May this year find enough goodness to counteract the negatives o the past!
~~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment