An online "Newsie" concerning the affairs of the Stoll Family. May contain recipes and embarrassing notes. You have thus been warned! :) Please note: All information and images are copyright of our family-- do not use/save/disseminate information and/or images without express written permission. Thank you.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Homemade Wall Sconce
First pic is the plug-in wall sconce unlit, the second one is lit (with an 800 lumen LED bulb).
I made these wall sconces because of the need for floor space and better lighting, and not finding what I needed. I used a pretty brushed bronze colored wall bracket (still lovin' swirly-doodles), a hanging pendant lamp fixture (plug in type), and a wood box (from craft store) to support the lamp and shade. I made four of these, but only put up the one last night to see if I liked it and if it would get "Hubby approval."
Hubby approved. It's not exactly the way I want it to look, but the general effect is what I wanted. The bracket also serves to hold my newly purchased hanging plants (which might not make it, because it's so darn cold! We got well over 8" of snow so far, and up to a foot more is predicted to arrive by Wednesday. Oh yes, and there's that little matter of lack of wood. *sigh*
Just goes to show, sometimes all the planning in the world can be undone very easily (say, by a thief). Still, we'll keep up the whole planning a lot thing, and hope that everything will work out. Maybe the snow will bring down more trees, and since Hubby bought a new chain saw, we can buck 'em up and use 'em.
Anyway, I'll post snow pics later. This post was merely for my latest creative projected that provided me with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Shiverin' cold,
~Cedeham~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment