Friday, March 16, 2012

Comin' Along and What Else?

My Contractor Custom-Cutting Sheetrock

View From Barn Deck, 9 March 2012

The first picture is the progress on the barn as of a couple days... err, wait, maybe that was last week. Hard to keep track of time it's flying by so fast. Today we started the taping and mudding; that is, I started taping while M___ (picture of him posted with his permission) finished sheetrocking the bathroom, and I was forbidden to start the mud until after I made lunch. When I mentioned I planned on making homemade mac 'n cheese (macaroni noodles, butter, salt, garlic, shredded cheese--Simple and YUM!) and smoked turkey sausage, M____ said, "Don't start the mudding until after you've made lunch!" M___ has enjoyed the benefit of working here, aside from his pay, he gets a free meal.

The second picture I snapped while standing on the deck of the barn, getting a bit of fresh air (I think that was an insulation day, but might have been a sheetrocking day). It was beautiful, the green against a dark grey background, and snow-capped mountains through the clouds. The Hangout is going to be truly awesome when we're finished with it, and we're excited about the prospect of finally having visitors. All work and not much play has made us a bit on the cranky side, and it's been that way for. . . about a year.

Yup, almost a year ago the kids and I moved here. Sad part is, we're still not done moving. That will hopefully be remedied by the end of this month, and perhaps we'll have the other house ready to rent out by the middle of April. I say hopefully, but there's no telling how that will turn out.

What else? Well, I got the mold cleaned out of the closet, but there is still a massive amount of laundry to do (ALL of Hubby's military uniforms, which constitutes a major portion of the remaining laundering that needs done). The other "what else" is that I noticed discoloration by one of the sky lights. . . as in, "water damage" type of discoloration. Great, another project. I told M___ today before he left (after he viewed what he could of the skylight and potential damage), "We're going to keep you chronically employed!" This day and age, that's probably not a bad thing-- not for him. It's not great on our pocketbook, however, which is continually getting thinner. My hope is that nothing else serious happens.

Well, that's the update for now. I should have more pictures to post, perhaps after the weekend. In the meanwhile, I have more to do than I can shake a stick at, and that's even if I had the energy to shake the stick!

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment