Sunday, March 18, 2012

Work, Work, Work

Snow Dusted Mountains, 13 Mar 2012

Custom Attic Access

Still "In Process", 13 Mar 2012

Okay, about the pictures. . . the first pic is a gorgeous view from the barn deck, which I took on 13 March 2012 (on a side note, it snowed again today, 18 Mar 2012). Beautiful sight, but it's doggone cold in these parts!

The second picture is the, erm, custom access to The Hangout's attic area. I had requested M__ to ensure it was large enough for me to go through, and being the joker he is, he went first to a "rounded" idea, then quickly changed it in light of Hubby's preference for big butts. . . and there you have it-- a Two Cheeker 'Ass-ess" where Hubby intends to store his beer. *grins* I had kept Hubby in suspense about the "custom job" I had done over the weekend, and then I got the double laughs by having M___ explain it, which he was scared to do, because, well, my Hubby is a scary kinda guy. Hubby chuckled hard, made his beer storage comment, and said, "I love it." M___ knew he'd live to work another day. :-)

The third pic is before all the sheetrock was hung, and before the taping and mudding that we started on... Friday? Thursday? We've been working so much I haven't been able to keep track of the days. I know for a fact that I HATE mudding-- it's not good for OCD-type people, and was extremely frustrating. I went back go taping, and only doing the mud over the screws (that's easy). Yes, many more inappropriate jokes abounded. The work is coming along, and there is still much to do.

Aside from doing the sheetrock in The Hangout, we decided to give a "go" for sheetrocking the basement of our other house, partly in hopes of getting more rent money out of it (as it will be a "finished" space). In light of that turn of events, I had to get a move on (literally) getting things sorted and packed that haven't been moved yet, because uh... there's just more work to do than one or two people can possibly do? Anyway, I spent all day Saturday at the old house throwing away a lot of stuff and packing up that which 1) I need to take the time to do a proper sorting, and 2) that which we're keeping. It made for a very long day, and I was seriously missing my hot water bottle (which I had previously lent to M___ when he was puking sick); all sorts of muscles got a work out, brain included!

Today only took a few hours to finish up the final part of what I needed to do so that Hubby can use his truck (after he gets the tire replaced) to haul the stuff to storage (since The Hangout isn't ready yet), and there are a couple of big items that we're getting rid of... somehow, but I haven't figured that part out yet. At least tonight I have my hot water bottle back (and it's currently perched on my shoulder/neck where I've had over a week of strained muscles)-- had to practically bribe it back with some of my best batch ever green salsa.

Speaking of the green salsa, I learned from The Neighbors Mexican Restaurant that adding avocado to it makes it a creamier texture (which I like, but I don't like avocados!); their green salsa was the only green salsa that comes close to being as good as mine, so I've given a shot to adding the avocado-- ohhhhh, so delicious! And tonight's batch has got to be the best salsa I've ever made, and was thus a good 'bribe'.

So there's another generic update. I hope you got some chuckles out of it. Now it's time to tuck in the kiddos (yes, they still like being 'tucked' in), switch out the laundry, tidy up the kitchen, etc. Work, work, work. I'm ready for a weekend. Are those still available? Can I get a discount on one?

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment