Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tortizzas!

My Tortizza-- YUM!

A new "recipe" from our family that turned out so well we'd like to share.

I'd heard the kids talking about Hubby making a 'makeshift' pizza using tortillas as the crust, as there wasn't time to make the crust. So one of the work days this past week, the 'plan' was changed and I was suddenly faced with having to make a lunch for not only myself and the kids (Hubby was gone for the day), but M___ as well (see previous entries as to the work we're doing/having done). I recalled this recent idea, and presented it as an option for lunch ("You name what you want, I'll make it."). Apparently, the idea sounded good enough to M___, so I came in the house and scoured around for ingredients.

~A couple of roma tomatoes and dried basil in the blender bullet thingy to make a smooth sauce
~Toppings of choice, including but not limited to: turkey pepperoni, white kidney beans, various cheeses, onions, olives, etc.
~Tortillas

Place as much sauce as you like on top of a tortilla, keeping in mind that tortillas are not as thick as crust, so you might want to go easy the first time. Place your desired toppings on top of the sauce.

Place in oven on broil (if not doing a "stuffed crust") until cheese melts-- about 10 minutes.

Eat the very filling and satiating tortizza! :-)

I made and ate two, as did M___; the Girl made and ate three, and Boy I think did two or three. We all found these to be pleasing to the palate, satiating, and filling. Oh, and the best part what how quick these go! Since we don't have a microwave, I don't think it gets much faster for meal making! These could probably be done in a micro, but doing them in the oven adds a bit of crispiness (think of thin crust pizza).

Enjoy this some time when you have to make some food on the fly!

~Cedeham~
p.s.
Thanks to Hubby for originating idea, and to me for making it taste awesome! Hehehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment