Back in June I wrote a blog entry titled "Military Life and PTSD." That entry came about after I stumbled upon a newly formed organization, www.battlingbare.org. It is a growing community of people who support military personnel, and also importantly, the families! It was formed by a military wife, and I can't help but applaud the success she's achieved.
I don't mean "success" in the "fame" type of expression, but rather in that she's managed to draw people together who have something very powerful in common-- a loved one with PTSD as a result of service in the military.
So, I've shared a link-- one more resource for military people and their families.
We fight, but we're not alone. I do hope that the military and Veteran's Administration will catch up with this sky-rocketing problem. How many more people will be lost to suicides and homicides before some serious attention is given to this devastating, debilitating, life-altering problem?
One day at a time. And sometimes, it's down to just one moment at a time. One more moment to survive.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment