Monday, December 17, 2012

A Quick Update

There's a lot that I could write, and probably a lot I should, and some that should never be written or spoken of again. That's our family life, full and busy with all the colors life has to offer along with its lessons.

The kids are doing fairly well in the public schools here, busy learning (mostly) and making friends. Somehow, they are finding the way to balance the learning with the socializing, which makes Hubby and I happy. Boy has had to handle some bullying, and did a tremendous job of it. He has also had to learn to deal with the death of a friend, and that grieving process is on-going. Girl is learning how to deal with noise and crowds and how to make friends (she's our 'shy' one).

Hubby & I have been and are keeping busy with our life roles, working our way through the hardships that have come our way-- I'd say recently, but for us it's more like a "normal" part of our life.

As of yet, I haven't got the heart or strength still to go into the details of the fire,  or its deteriorating affect on me, nor to post the pictures. I am, however, trying to think of the positives, and being grateful for the strangers and acquaintances that have come along beside me during this time to help me through it. Just one more of life many lessons.

We'll be staying here for our family celebration Christmas Eve, but visiting with dear friends on the big day (weather permitting).

Overall, the 2012 year has presented us with an abundance of hardships and triumphs, and importantly, lessons at every turn.

As a side note, I will not be doing holiday cards this year. Perhaps before the year is out, I'll post a pic-heavy blog to sort of summarize our very, very busy year.

Until the next post, may you be well and have great holidays.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment