Friday, March 1, 2013

Physically Healing & Misc

I've had a few days to rest and follow doctor's orders of taking it very easy. This has been made possible by my beloved Hubby who hasn't guilt-tripped me at all about not doing chores and has even let me snooze (with some snoring today! *blush*) in the morning while sitting and drinking coffee together. Today was lots of snoozing for me, as I couldn't stay awake. Must have over done yesterday, with driving to a near by town to get the lenses of my glasses replaced (love warranties!), stopping by to chat w/ my hair dresser and show her my healing progress (my thanks to her, as well, for the thoughtful kindness, hugs, and giggles), stopping by frequently used contractor & his office manager to chat a bit, and of course finally going to see M----, the horse owner, to show him I really am all right.

M--- seemed very relieved, and said he had thought a couple of times about calling to check on me, but was unsure. I did get some more useful information-- that part of where I was riding only M--- rides Big Horse, and he takes the horse out there for running. Ahhh, a much clearer picture. He did grimace at my bruises, but they weren't nearly as bad as the pics posted previously, and I was wearing some make up and concealer because I didn't want to get stared at while out and about. We talked about doing the horse trails, after giving me some time of working with the horse and letting him get to know me. M--- said there's a really nice trail he likes to go on, and it's a 3 hour ride one way, so it'll be a six hour ride! I'm looking forward to doing that! *big grin*

The over-doing it part probably was when I went to a big store in town and picked up some groceries and browsed around a bit. I tried finding some eye make up in the lovely shades that my body produced during the course of injury, because there's been a lovely bright eggplant (not too keen on the magenta), but doggone, they just don't have it. I settled for some newer colors (spring is in the air) to play with and try some new techniques. . . once I complete healing, that is.

I had left about 1pm-ish yesterday, and got back home around 6:30pm, so it's the longest day I've had in a week.

So today, made coffee this morning, fell back to sleep in the recliner while Hubby worked on editing one of his stories (I've given him some tips and let him read one of my college-level books on writing). After he went to work, and a phone appt. was missed, I crawled back into bed until 3:30. You'd think that'd be enough rest. Nope. Glad the kids let me snooze in the recliner! Boy also did some snoozing and Girl is nearly finished reading the book Eragon.

There's so many chores to get done (kids have been slacking on their dishes), not to mention the whole trying to "move in" deal that I've been trying to do. Got a decent sized box ready for a drop off to thrift store, and there's much more to add. It's hard, though, because, well, it's just hard. Can't explain it-- without writing a book.

I have come to one conclusion in the past two days-- after reading multiple books (over the course of years) on organizing and storage, and checking online for ideas because of our unique living space-- most of the books and magazines (paper and online) are what I've come to call "static" solutions. They're great for pictures, but not necessarily so great for living. I have found that utilizing "diy" in the search helps with more practical solutions, but not all of them necessarily applicable. Thus I've learned that the "solution" for me is not "static" organization and storage, but something that allows for movement, flow, creativity, and living life with our wide array of interests.

Life is movement. Even a "virtual" or holographic life involves movement, always.

~Cedeham~
p.s.
Here's the two pics I took tonight of my face and the healing thus far (it's been 8 days since the accident).
01 March 2013

01 March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment