Wednesday, March 6, 2013

When Doctors Say "Take it easy". . .

. . . he didn't mean go out and prune hydrangas and blackberry bushes for an hour, then do fruit tree pruning while precariously balancing on a ladder for 3 hours!

Ow!

Yeah, I know, I asked for it this time. But gosh darn, today marks the completion of the 2nd week since my horse accident, it was not raining yesterday (it has been raining all day today, so I have guilt-free rested my overly aching body in the recliner), and work needs done! Some things have to be done on a time schedule, such as pruning of fruit bearing plants.

Why doesn't Hubby do the pruning? Uh, any recall a certain stainless steel sink? And recall I mentioned the use of a ladder, which required constant re-balancing for every slight movement I did? Yeah, Hubby is better at things that don't require a more delicate hand, so he went down the hill to use his chainsaw to cut up logs for about an hour.

Update on my physical healing from horse accident-- I think faster than anticipated. My hands abrasions are only very slight now (but still new skin is a bit tender), the bruising and hematoma (swelling) on the back of my right hand is barely there. Hip and knee abrasions almost gone, and slight bruising remains. And finally, the face: most abrasions gone, the one on my chin still identifiable; the "black eye" almost completely gone (looks like I've got some weird eye liner on); there's still a "knot" on my brow from where there had been the huge lump. I may need to have it checked if it's still there in a month or so to see if it's really a horn growing.  *wink*

I've been doing various web searches (still) on diy/storage/organizing/etc and have been amazed to see how many people are doing what I had been doing as a little kid-- repurposing boxes! I still distinctly remember re-purposing a laundry powder box into a jewelry holder (or other small items) as a birthday present. . . and it was put to the side, under a table (at a skating rink) after it was opened. Ah, the poor girl strikes out again.

And now. . . it's the thing to do! Well, granted, I only had scissors and tape to my do work, and now there's all sorts of great ideas that can make the original material look really cool. Ahead of my time, I guess.

So, still filling my head with lots of ideas (the CT scan done at the ER proved there is some sort of soft tissue within my skull, it's not empty!). Maybe by the time I'm recovered from. . . everything, I'll be able to put together the ideas in a cohesive design.

That's the update. The lesson is: when the doctors say to take it easy for "a while," they really can mean a "long" while! Not allowing the body (and/or mind) to fully heal just causes more problems than it's worth.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment