But, here's what we woke up to around 6am on the 23rd of March. . .
![]() |
| Ooo, pretty. Looking west-ish, 23 Mar 2013 |
![]() |
| Early Morn, 23 Mar 2013; total of 3- 4" by the end of snowing; by evening, mostly gone! |
The schools were on 2 hour late start and buses on snow routes. Our Boy had awakened me early to ask what to do, figuring there'd be at least snow route, which means driving them to the stop.
We'd gotten light snow that didn't stick but a couple of hours on the 16th of March, also, but this later snow was "White Christmas" come late! It was pretty, and I'm very glad I didn't have to drive in it (Hubby drove kids to snow route stop).
Oh, and to update on my injuries; I'm physically scarred, but the bruising is gone.
![]() |
| 9 Mar 2013-- Less than month after Horse accident. |
I have a scar on my chin from the little gash that was there; scars on my hip (which will fade further and blend into the stretch marks), scar on my knee (another one!); scars on my back of my right hand and the palms of both hands where I had those abrasions that has started getting infected post-ER visit. The only thing left to be of concern is my head. While the CT confirmed there's some some soft tissue in there, well, we'll have wait a couple of months to make sure I'm all right. I have had some vision changes since the accident, which is frustrating, and I'm still debating on going in to see the eye doctor. Seems silly, really.
Let's see. What else? Um, well, I've been crocheting like a crazy fiend and turning out some great looking projects which I hope to sell. I don't have a venue by which to sell my works, yet, but hopefully that will come. Given the hospital ER bill, the extensive x-rays from ER, and high (for us) electric bill which are all due, I'm hoping I can make some quick money so we can pay what needs to be paid, not the least of which is maintenance on both cars. Oi!
Yeah, life didn't slow down during the winter, and we haven't gotten much of a break. Challenges still come our way, and we're doing our best to meet them and defeat them.
One of the many lessons I've learned is that getting pushed beyond one's (perceived) limits, far outside one's "comfort zone," allows for new growth. And each time the pushing happens, it seems that the limit is farther than anticipated. Maybe that's because the growth fills up the void that is left by the hard/difficult time. Even loss makes way for new growth.
Something to ponder, which I read on a t-shirt yesterday: "Pain is weakness leaving the body." Interesting. Must be from some competitor-type person, as that saying seems to address only bodily pain, not all the other pains that can be experienced.
And just for fun, here's a pic of "our deer" which have frequented the property the almost 2 years we've lived here. Hubby named them. Diane is usually pretty calm and lets me take pictures of her and talk to her a bit. Darla is a bit more skittish.
![]() | |
| "Our Deer" 24 Mar 2013; Hubby named them Diane and Darla |
Ever Learning,
~Cedeham~




No comments:
Post a Comment