I've been trying to not do too much work or too much resting, but truth be told, I'm having to rest a whole lot more than I thought I would. The outside plants aren't waiting for me to complete healing, and the scant sun leave just a little time to work outside. Thus, I've been trying to do what I can, when I can; if I can put in a good 4-6 hours of outside work and then spend the next day (while it's raining) resting, well, that's what I've been doing.
The kids have been really great in being a little more helpful, though they've also got to get a lot of rest ("Wednesday Crash" is what I call it), and of course there's homework and making sure to spend some family time together.
Last night I cooked the first meal since before the horse accident, and the kiddos gobbled it greedily, leaving only enough left overs for Hubby to take some to work today.
I'm also trying to do "catch up" work (in spurts) on house chores; a little bit here, a little bit there. For instance, I just finished modifying the curtain brackets and hung up the kitchen curtains I made last month. The house house beautiful trim, which is part of why I was attracted to this house in the first place, so I've found a way to mount regular curtain rods on the inside (requires bending the bracket 90-degrees, without breaking it). I still have to make curtains for our bedroom (well, modify the ones I got at Goodwill on the cheap) to replace the mold growing ones that are hanging there now.
Note: if you ever buy a house with non-standard windows, you'll have a tough time finding window treatments!
Time to sneak in a small rest before kiddos get home from school.
Below is a pic from 07 Mar 2013, showing that I'm mostly healed on my face, but will have scars. The scars on my forehead will probably be pretty mild, the abrasions on the side of my face didn't leave much, but that nice big one on my chin is leaving a keloid-type scar-- I am hoping it doesn't stay that way and that it will heal more.
![]() | |
| 07 Mar 2013; mostly healed; "black eye" gone; scars |
p.s.
At some point, I do hope to share the many little changes we've been making in our lives, as we are learning to live completely different from any way we've lived before. Life has changed. Life is changing still, and we're trying to adapt.

No comments:
Post a Comment