Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Busy Week, Pt2

Shame on me for waiting so long to post the second part of the entry. I'll have to do a summation, because I'm quite worn out.

Okay, so I left off right before "today" happened. That'd be August 1st, actually, and that day I had to replace the drains in my kitchen sink because both were leaking. I hadn't properly installed the sink drains in the first place (refer back to "Brutus vs. Stainless Steel Sink" for that fiasco), and thus they had to be replaced, instead of just unscrewing, cleaning, and re-tightening the fittings. I had to cut off one of the fittings (I love my DeWalt drill!) of both drains in order to remove the drains completely. Redoing the drains required a couple of trips to the hardware store.

The other part that made the replacement sucky was at one point I was plopping down on my cushy mat in front of the sink area, only to be surprised by a jolt through the tender part of my left knee where I banged the corner end of some wood. Here is my humiliation. I cried. . . in front of my husband. I don't do either of those often.


Brushed Bronze Sink Drains   ~1 Aug 2013~







Ultimately, I'm happier with the new drains, as they are the brushed bronze that match my faucet and cupboard knobs, and I correctly installed them this time.  However, I still have to (yes, as of 15 Aug) put everything away that was under the sink. *sigh*

My friend of 20 years, B--- and his girlfriend Ch--- arrived on the second, and hour earlier than 'expected'. I was highly anxious because, 1) my house is a chaotic mess and, 2) I hadn't seen the friend in about 10 years. They needed to get showered quickly because they'd been camping, and get to a wedding rehearsal located somewhere's about our parts.

Turned out to be one of the most fun weekends I've had in a long time, but, that evening I strained my knee. While sock-footed and walking on a wood floor in a castle home, I slipped and must have twisted my right knee before landing on it with my feet going in different directions from the rest of me-- which was going everywhere-- and made quite the "entrance" which took away my "I'm nobody" introduction. It also may have been part of the catalyst that got me invited to the "Princess Bride" style wedding that was beautiful.

More on the "Princess Bride" style wedding to be written later. I'm too tired to write more tonight.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment