Friday, April 4, 2014

Chronicity

There's a lot of truth to the saying, "The only constant it change." Well, our life experience have taught us that it's very true for us, individually and as a family.

The good side to change is that it's an opportunity to make and do better. It comes, however, at a price; for some of us.

Though I have striven in my life to always be a "better" person, I haven't always achieved that goal. I've made mistakes. Frankly, I've made a lot of mistakes for a lot of different reasons. I wish I could say, like the character Anne of Green Gables, that "I never make the same mistake twice!" Nope. I'm slow. Seriously, I am slow.

The chronicity of change in my life I'm paying for, already. The first to go was my "mind" or my "marbles." Sometimes I find a marble here or there, but I'll never have them all back. (heheheh) More severely, however, is the price my body is paying. The first of my body to go was my thyroid, most likely because of autoimmune problems-- that is, my body "mistakenly" attacks itself instead of the "foreign invaders" (hmm, maybe my body is political!).

I've had a new "curve ball" thrown at me again, and in turn this affects my little family. My adrenals (those are the "flight or fight" glands) have decided to not work properly-- "adrenal medullary insufficiency," as the doctor noted.

Put simply, "I'm exhausted" and can't do much. My body--those glands which dictate energy-- is done, for a little while.

Haven't fallen off the planet, yet, but probably won't be terribly active on it for a little while.

On the positive side, the reconstruction of our barn was just finished while I wrote this entry. :-)

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment