Though still very fatigued, I stayed in town for a bit, and it's a good thing I did. Hubby's truck broke down at the gas station. . . he got a hold of me and my cell, and was happy to hear I was literally across the street from him! That daggone truck of his! Whenever it's time for work, it decides to break. . . usually w/ a load in the back. Hubby's on vacation this week (Yay! Much needed), and was gassing up before doing a dump run; he'd planned on doing at least 2 runs. So, his truck got towed (insurance covers towing; same insurance as our homeowner's) to the repair shop Friday evening. Won't know until Monday what is up. Both Hubby's and my cars are overdue for their oil changes, and both may need steering belts.
The weekend has otherwise been quiet, which I have so much needed! I need quiet-- lots of quiet. And I need an overage of "rest" and "sleep."
The sucky part is finding a second source that says the same thing I've read, but haven't wanted to believe:
"Treatment for adrenal insufficiency
takes at least six months and often a year or more. Lifestyle changes
are very important in rest and healing adrenals and in resetting the
HPA axis. See the section on lifestyle
and adrenals."
Really? I get to look forward to six months minimum of this? This utter exhaustion?
You know what I accomplished today? Eating Hubby's cooking (thank you, Hubby!!), watching a couple of movies w/ Hubby, and completing one row of knitting on a scarf I'm making. That was later this evening (I get a bit more energy after 6pm, as per the adrenal thing). Earlier today I tried crocheting, and just attempting to start a "single foundation chain" (or whatever it's called) for a baby blanket wore me out mentally-- enough so that I had to rest for. . . um. . . 2 or 3 hours? Hubby didn't mind, as he got to play one of his "mindless" computer games and read; neither of us wanted to "do" anything particular today-- just "chill." To his credit, Hubby achieved getting some dishes done and preparing our meals today. I'm very grateful, because I just didn't have the energy. Thought I was going to do all right, but. . . .
It's late. Late enough that I get to drink some tea (debating between "Sleepytime" or "Honey Lavender Chamomile" and take my meds and then gratefully go to bed.
The kids we'll probably get back tomorrow, some way or another. They're on spring break, which is why Hubby took this week for vacation. I think I might spend the week in bed, resting and sleeping as much as possible. I want to get housework caught up (I'm so, so, so, so, ad nauseum, behind), but quite frankly, that just isn't going to happen.
It sucks, the minimal choices I have right now, as a home manager. "Get out of bed and attempt to get something done, be too tired and fall asleep in recliner--which makes everyone quiet, out of respect for my need-- feel guilty about getting nothing done" or "Stay in bed and get rest and sleep." I'm going with the latter (I hope) this week, because it's really the only time I can do it without too much shame. Although, I do have to get some bills paid (if I can manage to write the checks correctly this time; I mis-dated the mortgage payment checks *embarrass blush*).
My beloved family. I am so incredibly thankful for each of them. They are so precious to me-- my husband, my son and my daughter. I have and will continue to do whatever it takes to ensure their well being and safety.
"Please put the mask on yourself first, then help others," as the airlines say. This week, and possibly for a whole lot longer, it's "Mask On Self" time (my MOS, hehehehhehe).
~Cedeham~
p.s.
Sometimes, to do the best job you can, you have to do a bit of self-care/tune-up first.
Your oxygen mask metaphor was so good that in spite of the subject matter I giggled! I know "hang in there" sounds pretty lame, but do, nontheless. It sounds like your family is being very understanding. I think they'll be there to catch what goes astray while you work on getting better -- which is the best thing you can do for them!
ReplyDelete