
5 April 2011, 12:54am
I write this in a word processor because I am sitting in my empty, new house. There's no internet (yet), but I have power and water, so can't complain.
The sellers were dog-tired by the time I arrived in my fully packed “for the night” sedan. They were still rushing, as much as possible with all the rain, wet, dirt, mud and muck! Slippery stuff, it was. I helped as I could, because I know what exhaustion feels like. Shared the left over pizza, too. Insisted on it, actually. I don't have any pans or anything to be able to reheat it! I realized that coming back. She gratefully ate, and we chatted amicably. Past and Dreams.
I've cleaned the bathrooms the best I can w/o having my 'proper' supplies-- I need a wrench or something to unscrew the main bath shower head so I can install the shower head hose. I see no point in regular shower heads, because there are parts of the body they just can't get and them parts must be got! Other than not being able to fully rinse the main bath tub (there's only one tub here, at this new house), there wasn't too much to do. More for my sake than anything.
I call it “getting to know the characteristics of the house.” Sure, you'll find more the longer you live there...
I'm sitting here, and can hardly believe it's true. We have closed! The Stoll family has at long last achieved a goal, a dream—the main one. There's still work to be done, of course, but we get to face this new beginning, in a way never before possible, with all sorts of possibilities just waiting.
Am I really here, in this home that I've been dreaming at night about since my first walk through? Are my children in their sleeping bags, snoring away after running wild for a couple of hours? (Yes)
My Boy was having a hard time with this whole idea of a move. I think he's over that after tonight, being able to burn in the dark, ensure it was properly put out, running around in the mud, carrying a flashlight, talking to everyone-- being who he is, and enjoying it. Even Girl finally perked up (initially, when we got the key/s, she was moody), and more so after everyone was gone. She get up her overnight stuff in her room, then helped take my stuff up to my room while I was helping to load the sellers van and bring some of my overnight bags in when coming back from helping out. My box of cleaning gear-- new broom, newer 'mop' (I love those huge microfiber dillies that you can take off and wash and put back on—best thing!), salt, baking soda, eco/green cleaner, a bathroom cleaner (uses hydrogen pyroxide, and a supposedly Green cleaner from Clorox ™, which I'm not terribly keen on because of how much it foams. A bag of food, like MREs that the kids picked out, some juice, a Costco size bag of prunes to help the MREs make it all the way through the intestinal system.....
I'll head back to the other house in the morning-- I'll need my coffee, after all.
And tomorrow.... er, today, my Mom will arrive with her gear and some of the 'inheritance' for lack of a better term.
For now, it's time to shut down the computer, crawl into my sleeping bag that is laid out on two 'camping mat's-- all of which Hubby ordered his last deployment-- and see how this first, delicious night goes.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment