
Life is a little crazy sometimes, and one of those times happens to be current for us.
The closing went well, and we are at the beginning of the LONG process of moving-- there's much involved, and basically trying to move alone, after some finishing touches of "pre-move" are done.
The sunset this evening was gorgeous! That's the picture that is with this entry. The barn is part of our property, as is the tip of the greenhouse seen. Those trees are on the west side of the property, and I thought made a fantastic silhouette against the sun. I took this picture while standing just past my grapevine (real, fruit producing type) arbor that you go under to enter the house, which is behind me. Eventually, my folks will live up in that barn. My mom said the other day, while we looked at the spectacular view from the deck of the barn (seen in the photo here), "You have the better house, but we'll definitely have the better view!" Couldn't agree more, but that's okay with me. I like this new little pad and it will be very exciting very Hubby's homecoming. This is an incredible blessing to us; I'd say "gift," but you don't pay to receive a gift-- sort of defeats the purpose, right? We're paying through the nose, but it's worth every penny!
Basically, life is very busy right now, and I don't have internet out there yet, so it's gonna take some time to get caught up. Which is kind of funny, since I've had to revert to having a land line again. And did you know that even far out the land line is digital?
What a crazy world. Even the weather is not sure what season it is. The cherry trees finally started blossoming (last year they started in February!), my rhubarb at the 'old house' is already getting nice sized leaves on it, and yet... we had snow and hail at both locations! While driving, running errands, we hit a spot where it went from just "raining nasty wet" to "suddenly 2-3 inches of snow on the ground and roads." That was really bizarre.
So, trying to work out logistics and figuring out how to pull off everything that I've gotta do. . . well, that's keeping me busy. Still some things I'm not sure how we're going to work it (how are just my mom and I, with no appliance dolly suppose to get a propane stove up those stairs in the picture?). Time will tell. Perhaps I'll find more strength than I thought I had. Maybe I'll find more friends than I think I have, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on either of those because there's too much work to be done that I can do.
That's my new "motto" for a while: "I can only do what I can do." There are many, many abilities I lack, and certain abilities that I have. Some have been... uh, disappeared, others learned. Life seems to be one long learning process, no matter what age one is.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment