Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Moving Life

You'd think after 30 moves I'd be an "old pro" at this moving thing, but that isn't the case.

I'll briefly summarize basically in list form, as that is the simplest way for me to do it, and Hubby's car is half loaded and I have a million other things to do. Oh yeah, and my "new" laptop is broken (again); I'm having to use my old desk top's monitor in order to even write this.

1) There is no internet service out at the new place; my current ISP hasn't returned any of my calls or emails to get high speed out there (and I'd be able to provide them with at least a half dozen other customers!);

2) Massive chaos; everything everywhere because of the painting-- painting gets done first, then we can start actually "moving in" instead of just camping out.

3) I have installed an electric range/oven (without electrocuting myself, or blowing us up from the propane line that is run below the outlet).

4) I have successfully installed an electric washer AND dryer-- they're pretty, and they work. . . . for now. They're the new-fangled computer on board digital save favorites and whatnot-- the more parts something has, the sooner and easier it'll break. I am hoping, however, since they are Electrolux brand, they'll last a while. I hope.

5) A new mattress makes for better sleeping; I can't wait until the bed frame my mother built gets moved over so I can sort of get the bedroom set up for proper sleeping arrangements.

6) When one downsizes, moving is a very effective way to accomplish said goal. Getting a smaller house is also conducive said goal. Having no 'garage' makes for really, really prioritizing.

7) Trying to pull off logistics is a real pain in the butt. I'll be very happy when that's over.

8) Having lots of property, and trees, is extremely beneficial when one toilet is out of commission because of being replaced and the other gets plugged by. . . well, anyone, but in this case Girl. Then one anyone else has to go, grab the baby wipes and head out to one's own personal forest.

9) Echo...... echo.......... echo..... the vacant sounds of an unfurnished house are not conducive to clear thinking. Need I say more?

Okay, that covers some of the basics which I'm quickly summarizing. I have another entry I had meant to post, but seeing as how my computer now has to be sent in for repairs (thus I'll have to spend hours baking up my files, and then using an 'erasure' program so as to keep all my stuff completely private. . . oi!

So, the Stoll Family-- those of us between houses, are doing well as can be expected. Hubby is doing as well as can be expected, and we are all very, very anxious to be together again. We're all pretty tired of the deployments now, and hope there will be some tranquil rest forthcoming.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment