Friday, May 13, 2011

Brutus vs. Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink


As previously mentioned, all I wanted for mother's day was the installation of my awesome kitchen sink that I've been dreaming about for years. That didn't happen, as also previously mentioned.

While still sick with fever and whatever accompanying symptoms for whatever illness I caught from Hubby, I did the prep work and volunteered to do the plumbing for the kitchen sink so I could start to function in my kitchen. It was agreed and the work begun.

I disconnected the faucet and piping from the apartment sized stainless steel sink, and told Hubby to go ahead and remove it while I installed the drain and faucet on the new sink.

Hubby didn't bother to look at how the stainless steel sink might be attached, and while I was busy with my work, I heard a lot of grunting, groaning, and "You will die! You will not defeat me! I am stronger than you." and a whole slew of other things. The kids commented that dad was bending the steel, to which I pictured the slight damage steel might suffer when one uses a screw driver or hammer claw to move it.

Not so, as the picture posted reveals. I'd like to note that Hubby didn't know until after he-- by sheer brutal force of his own strength-- tore the sink from it's own metal framing. Then I heard, "Oh, that's why it's so tough-- there's more than caulking holding it down." (in regards to the standard 'tabs' that hold sinks in place).

So, my beloved Hubby is so strong he bent and ripped a stainless steel sink from its own metal framing. I can't answer how, but I'm sure it takes a hell of a lot of talent.

To note, I still have no kitchen sink. The sink I bought will fit the hole as I anticipated, however, we have custom built cupboards (which we did not build), and those extend into under where my deeper sink goes. And since the 'old' sink is bent to hell, we can't stick it back in there even temporarily to get us by until we can get some help. Oops. Oh, and there's no telling when that will be!

Think Hubby had better stick to just doing outside stuff and electrical. :)

~Cedeham~
p.s.
What a man!

No comments:

Post a Comment