Saturday, 14 May 2011
LOVE, BLINDNESS
Hubby and I watched an interesting indie film tonight (after a long day, consisiting of still being without an installed kitchen sink, and unable to get a trustworthy cabinetry man to assist on a weekend—not that I could blame him). About the sink, see previous entry (wink wink).
About the movie, it's called "Blindness" and stars Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo, Danny Glover, among others for the American actors. The movie is based on a book written by a Nobel Prize winning author (can't recall his name right now, but he's. . . Portugese, I think). Anyway, interesting story. Not the typical "end of the world as we know it" type of movies, far from "zombie" movies. I saw it as a world that could happen-- when we are stripped of a most basic sense, and the collapse that seems to happen in slow motion. Are those put into quaranteen worse off than others. . . or protected?
Earlier today Hubby walked the down-side of the property to the mailbox (and indeed brought back mail, but only bills). He liked the exercise it provided. I rubbed in that I had done that, also in the mud and manure, after having walked around to read the four water meters that we now manage and while still sick with the upper respiratory infection! Nyah nyah!
Even here, a day after Hubby ripped my stainless steel sink beyond any hope of repair (not that I wanted it in the first place, but it could have still held a "stop gap" until finding someone in cabinetry), yes, I'm still kind of mad. Not at him, though. Well, maybe slightly. But quite frankly, it's too damned funny to be mad at. You should have heard him! "Die! That's right, I'll kill you! Hear that creaking and groaning? That's the sound of my victory!" What was funnier was him not remembering saying any of that 'after the fact'. If only I'd gotten the video on him! Anyway, here after all that, and many talks and attempts to reconnect...I still love him. Very dearly, in fact. Still the man of my dreams (literally and figuratively), the one who can make me laugh like know one else-- that bold, care free, burst with tears, gut-aches-in-the-morning type of laughter. He's gifted in that area, among the many.
It is our joy to finally have "enough." We have never known what that is like, and to finally get a taste of it... how sweet like honey. I hope, like honey, we'll be healed as well; old wounds dressed and not so bitter.
"They" say, "Love makes you blind." But I have to think and say it's more more complicated! Love blinds you to what doesn't matter, and what isn't important, allowing you the vision to see what should be seen and learned and loved and that which needs attention. Love is a protective shield, a blankie.
Love sees not only what is, but what may become. The seedling dropped carelessly, then picked up by one who knows the value of the seed, gives it care and watches it grown and benefits from its produce-- all from something considered waste.
That's why family is important. Family is the training center for Love.
How big is Love? The life will show it. If it didn't, I'd already be dead.
Love is big enough to allow one to will the self to a death (an example, Jesus Christ), and big enough to allow one to will the self to live, even if death and rest is more desired. How?
Why is love so gripping? So freeing? So challenging? So abundant, yet hard to find? Why can it make us seemingly blind? And for many—men and women-- it makes us stupid as well.
Very strange.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment