Friday, May 6, 2011

Long Friday

6 May 2011

LONG FRIDAY

Today was a long day. Didn't sleep well last night, and this morning came early because of both kids having to test. I am glad Hubby's home to do things, like take the kids to their testing, so I can stay home and not be well. I definitely should not have eaten that gross pizza-- not worth the havoc it wreaks on my intestinal system!

Still, I got some work done today, but only minor stuff. Mostly I enjoyed the quiet! It was nice having everyone gone today, and this blessing of a house to myself. It sort of makes me miss the days when my kids attended public school, but not so much that we'll be going back to that any time soon.

Hubby got his alone time at the other house, after dropping off the kids and while waiting to pick them up. He got work done there, I got work done here-- who says you have to necessarily be physically 'together' in order to team work? :)

There was lots of crankiness today, and surprisingly it wasn't me! That's a real shocker, but if one takes into account a sick Girl, standardized testing, and return-from-combat-zone Hubby. . . it really is no wonder. All three got naps, of at least an hour, and roughly around the same time (which is while I was making dinner). So, the sleep-deprived person didn't get a nap and did work pretty much all day (when not attending to the bowels), and the others got naps. I'm jealous.

If ever you want to discover who you are, get out of your comfort zone. Get in touch with the world around you (whether country or city, or anywhere in between). Unwrap the layers of distractions in today's world, and there you will find something. If you like what you find, great, improve upon it. If you don't like what you find, then make changes. You can't change when you don't know what isn't working or what is just plain broken. And sometimes the discovery takes getting out of the "norm" to jar your senses.

Hubby and I are definitely "out of the norm" in every way, but this recent, multi-level life change is really "out" even for us. But I like it. It's provided a much needed perspective. We're ever learning and growing and making progress in our lives. Sometimes, Winter just hides changes that are revealed only in Spring. Maybe our little family is entering our Spring. The kids are blossoming into adolescence in bodies and minds; we are starting new ventures; and setting down new roots. Just like the later spring we're having weather-wise in the PNW, Hubby and I are having a "later" Spring this time around. I'm looking forward to it.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment