Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Busy Mixed With Fun

Deer in Yard_Pic taken from inside house April 2012
Laundry Room_Painted April 2012

It's been a busy week or so since I last posted. The first pic I took with my cell camera (my regular camera's memory card is having issues, so no awesome photos until I get that resolved), standing inside my house and looking through the closed sliding door to the deer that was happily munching on the long grass. A convenience for us, since the lawn mower still is being serviced by the hubby-- needed parts, and they didn't arrive before the rain settled in again, so we've got some really tall grass going on the whole property now!

The second pic is of the laundry room at the "old house" after I finished the 2nd coat of primer + texture and painted; I believe I did that on uh... this past erm... last week? Thursday or Friday maybe? Yeah, my days are still flowing together, though slightly slower than they had been. Perhaps tomorrow we'll get the chance to go up and see what painting still needs finished (I've noticed some very obvious "cutting in" that didn't get done in the main room, and some spots on the ceiling that were missed). It's not great paint, horrible texture, but the color isn't bad, in my opinion. It's a very light and mellow shade of yellow-ish/white, like gentle rays of sun. . . a "happy" color for what we once referred to as "The Dungeon." The basement no longer matches our expression for it! I will be very glad to be done with the place, as the amount of stress is no longer bearable. I hope that we can have renters in there for 1st of May, the latest of June. Still more work to be done, but I have had to take it easy the past bit as my body has been kicking my butt in retaliation. I don't want to get worse, so I've backed off on going so "hard at it." and taking time to sleep in and enjoy a cup of coffee and remember some of the simple pleasures of life (aside from coffee), like taking time to talk and play with friends. . . and eat a ton of BBQ and watch movies, let the kids roam around our acreage and do whatever it is kids do that make them pass out at the end of the day from being worn out.

This past weekend we had out Hubby's best friend (dating all the way back to kindergarten days) and two of his 3 sons out for a visit (thus the BBQ). The weather was PERFECT! I mean as beautiful and as perfect as a person could hope to get for such an occasion. The kids had a blast, and the adults survived the over-stuffing of food (YUM!!).

Spring is springing here, trees are leafing out, blossoms are forming and some are blooming. . . and I haven't even got my lettuce seeds planted! It just hit over the weekend. The fruit trees are blossoming, too (a very good sign), the grass is almost out of control. . . and it's getting doggone beautiful here again. Enjoying cups of coffee out on the deck in the morning sun together with the Hubby, just enjoying the quiet sounds of nature.

I was recently told, "You're living the dream. The dream you made for yourselves," in regards to the dreams Hubby and I shared when we first got married. Who knew dreams cost so much? As the wise saying goes, "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." That saying isn't just in the negative sense, but also in the positive, because with the positive wish come still consequences and responsibilities.

Sometimes it's good to stop for a bit, take stock of where you are, where you have been, and where you're going; to see if the path/road you're on is the one that will take you to your desired destination. If you're not on it, or if it doesn't seem like you're on it, then it's time to make some readjustment. Could be a simple change (like, maybe whistling or singing while you stroll) or a major overhaul. We're the kind of folk that tend towards the "overhaul" portions, though we do try to make the finer adjustments first. Just seems to make sense that you try the simpler ideas first.

"A box of chocolates. . . ."  No matter what changes you may choose to make, keep in mind there are likely (if not always) going to be unforeseen. . . consequences, natural events that unfold when a decision is made. That's the lesson each of our family members are learning in some way or another right now.

What are you learning today?

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment