Just a quick update, as I didn't take pics after the vinyl was glued down at the "old house," so no pics. M___ got the vinyl glued down the other day, and that was the last of his portion for getting the "old house" ready to go. The house is "live" online listed for rent, and the rent price is higher than we initially thought it would be, so we are pleased to have gotten so much updated work done. I still have to prime, texture and paint the laundry room, and we still have to do all the trim work in the newly finished basement, and of course loads of outdoor work and the garage to finish cleaning out.
The Hangout is coming along, and Hubby has been enjoying doing the 2nd sanding on it while M___ and I did work at the "old house," and Hubby did lots of yard work here at home today. Today varied between sunny and some light rain-- I could tell from the skylight in our room. I spent most of the day in bed, on account of my decreased health and being an "over-achiever in stress." I really like that last expression, but it's not my quote.
Earlier this week... or was it over the weekend?... I did get some pruning done on the apple trees. My legs are covered in bruises from the ladder, branches, and the big long pole with a pruning saw and cutter thing on it. My hands and arms got the heck scratched out of them, but I have to admit it's been one of the most enjoyable work days in a long while, because the weather was perfect and I was able to work on our gorgeous property. Hard work, and strenuous to the muscles, of course, but enjoyed the quiet and the slower rhythm.
I think it was this past weekend (all the days are sort of running together, particularly since I haven't been sleeping much at night) that I had the fun of buying new jeans. I was able to buy a major name-brand jeans that have enough "rump material" that my bottom doesn't crawl out of the top, that are stretchy enough to allow for easy movement, and dark enough that it--according to Hubby-- makes me look thinner. Sure, the weight has stayed off so far, but clothes make a HUGE difference, too. It's kind of a bummer that some of my favorite clothes and pajamas are too big and falling off, but it's hard to complain about that (still going to gripe about it a bit).
Well, that's the quick update for now. I do hope to have pics before too long, but that might not happen until after I get the new tires for my car and can travel again. The flat tire I got last week is irreparable, but because I had bought the coverage on them, they tire place is replacing all the tires (remember, I drive a Subaru, which is all wheel drive and thus have to keep the tires 'even') and I have to pay only the difference of tread wear. That's going to be easy, since I don't drive much and the tires were warranted for either 60,000 or 80,000 miles (I don't recall which). Such a bummer that the 'model' of the tire had been discontinued, because they were awesome tires!
So, that's that.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment