Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Deadline Looming

Wall Used to be Green, now Primered, 09 April 2012

Primered Walls-- Left Side is "green board"

I got textured and primered, too!
The first two pics are different corners of the basement which I did a layer of primer alone, then the next day mixed up some texture and added primer to it (hoping to save time). . . the pic of me shows the result! When using a texture roller (I have no sprayer, so rolling and troweling were my only options), you have to go fast enough with the roller to get the paint out of the loops, which so happens to send paint EVERYWHERE! I had to scrape paint off the sliding door, the giant entertainment center (which yesterday was moved to the garage with the help of my Brutus Hubby and my contractor/friend), and as one can see by the pic of me, lots of scraping to be done there, too! I HATE TEXTURING! I hate it more than mudding. I cannot stand being dirty, or having messy things on me (or being wet, unless it's a pool, lake/river, hot tub or shower)-- flipping drives me nuts. Even weeding my flower bed nearly gives me the twitchy-jerks.

I did the first coat of primer and the texture/2nd coat by myself over the course of the weekend, working about 6 hours or so straight. Ugg! I am extremely tired, and I think that I have been overworking as all my hypothyroid symptoms are returning (and migraine waves in and out, depending on how well I'm handling the stress and how bad my muscles are cramped). But, this will pay off, I'm sure, as yesterday the property manager we'll be using said because of the improvements we've made to the house, we're going to start off trying to get $1400/ month for rent! That was awesome news, and put me in a better mood yesterday (I've had a Hell 'weekend'), especially since that info came on the heels of one of the neighbors stopping by to see if the house was still available for rent as his adult daughter is needing a place soon. . . .

So yesterday was very full and busy. M___ finished the second coat of mud in the laundry room (he still refuses to let me mud corners), and he tried being ... erm, "nice" about the crappy job of texturing I did. When M___ looked around at it, while I explained the difficultly and how I applied it, etc, he said (and I quote): "I'll texture your barn." I'm giggling at just writing the quote, because in his language that's pretty much saying, "You really sucked at this and I don't want all the hard work we've put into the barn to be crappy," because he had added onto his comment of "Well, it's not like you're going to be living here, so it doesn't matter that much." Thanks, M____.

The deadline is this weekend for having the old house "ready for showing," and I'm fairly confident the inside-- both upstairs and downstairs-- will be ready. The garage and outside won't be ready until Hubby gets his weekend.

Speaking of Hubby, there is some very big news there; life altering for us, but I'm not yet ready to post it here online. At some point, when all the kinks get worked out, I'll make the information available. Until then, as I told my folks today, in the past year, we haven't just had an "overflowing plate, we've had the whole damn buffet table!" Slowly but surely we're trying to whittle it down, and we hope to start getting a sense of normalcy soon. We need that, as this life we've been living has taken it's toll, a cost we can no longer afford or pay (not monetarily speaking).

I think one of the hardest part about deadlines are the ones that cannot be postponed, such as the children growing up. Boy's 14th b-day is next month.... 14! I can hardly believe it, can barely wrap my mind around that. And then this summer Girl turns 12 (or is it 17?). She's mentally and emotionally so much older than her years.

Yeah, life is extremely busy for us and it has exacted a heavy price.

And now, it's time for me to go get lunch started before Hubby gets back with the kids (homeschool group) so that he can quickly get ready for work and have food to eat when he gets home and some to take with him to work. As for me, although I'm making one of my favorite meals, I might stick with last night's left over's from when I made Hubby take me out on a date (without the kids!). Freedom and challenges, responsibilities and consequences are all tangled up together. You can't have one without the other. This is one of Life's more poignant lessons for our family lately.

To end on a more positive note, we're even working on the previously 'unthinkable'.... quite possibly, making friends in the area! Ooo, ahhh, WHAT???? How did that happen? One step at a time.

All best, from our family to yours.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment