![]() |
| Cell Phone Pic of Completed Painting |
![]() |
| Cell Phone Pic of Completed Painting--left wall was dark green! |
![]() |
| Cell Phone Pic of Completed Painting |
![]() |
| Cell Phone Pic of Vinyl Flooring Layout (not glued down yet) |
I'm exhausted! And I did hardly any physical labor today. Well, I mean, I did have to sweep and scrape and sweep and scrape (repeat many times over) the cement floor in preparation for the laying of the vinyl flooring while M___ sanded the second coat of mud in the laundry room. Then he got the vinyl laid out, and was given considerable trouble with it because the house is "out of square" and it took a while to get the layout to work. But, at the end of the work day, the cutting and layout were done, and next week it will be glued down. There's going to be a delay not on my end about the listing of the property for rental, so I guess that means--oddly-- that everything is working out time-wise, as I still will have to prime, texture, and paint the laundry room.
*big heavy and tired sigh*
After getting home this evening, I ate the still delicious green salsa I made last night with quesadillas, and then went out to the barn and did some clean-up and started on the second sanding. I won't be doing as much in the barn as I have done with the 'old house', because a major part of the remaining barn work (2nd sanding, priming, texturing, painting, etc) can be done by Hubby! I is TIRED! But, I did want to get one of the areas cleaned up and sanded so we can move everything from the back room to there so that the back room can be sheet rocked (hopefully) next week during Hubby's vacation time. That will allow him to do some of the "heavy" work that I've been doing since the last part of February between the two places. It will also give him a chance to work with M___, and perhaps allow for some "male bonding time" to happen. *rolls eyes*
It has been a terribly long... gee, life is just long! Seems there's no end to 'home improvement' projects, and I know I could list many more that are still well beyond my current ability. Sadly, those projects will have to wait for our finances to recover from the massive amount of material and labor costs to do these very important projects. We should soon see a 'return' on our investment in the "old house," because of having it available for rent-- that is hoping we get renters by May 1st, and at the latest of June 1st.
There's much more going on in our lives than these projects, so our family life is in major upheaval at the moment. Soon as the projects are done, I may take a little break from posting so much, so that I can get some rest (my health has started going downhill again). Though there are major stresses currently occurring, we are also seeing some positive. . . changes. Others will take time to happen, but we look forward to the day when we can fully realize and appreciate the positive outcome.
~Cedeham~
Life never stops




No comments:
Post a Comment