Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Old House

Basement of Old House, View 1

Basement of Old House, View 2

Laundry Room of Old House
Mstr Bath_Old House_1Apr2012


The first three photos are of the sheetrock/tape/first mud application in the basement of our "old house," the pics of which I took today. The fourth pic is of the master bath, which I cleaned today and then thought it looked so pretty I used my phone to take a pic.

Today I spent a few hours at "the old house" to get it "picture ready" for listing as a rental property. Took a good few hours, and I'm still not done! Probably shouldn't have gotten hung up on detail work, but that is typical. Then come to find out that not only are interior shots going to be done, but exterior photos will need to be taken also, which means that Hubby will have his work cut out for him while I take a "weekend" starting tomorrow. The property manager will be coming out on Wednesday to take the pictures, which also is the 6th anniversary of closing on that house and the 1st anniversary of closing on our current home.

Wednesday is going to be a very, very busy day filled with lots of activity and people to organize. But I'll deal with that when it arrives. For tonight, I'm just looking forward to packing my bags. . . and maybe unpacking a couple of boxes. I'm very grateful to have a Husband who allows me to go on "weekend" trips, in fact, he practically had to throw me out for the first one, after offering me the idea for years! Now, well, now I look forward to them, though sometimes still with some trepidation. The kids seem to be adjusting to Mom leaving for a couple of days at a time, though initially it seemed scary for them. The Girl doesn't like it, because she's in her "I love Mom" phase and Boy is in his "I hate Mom" phase, so he likes it when I leave. The challenge of parenting continues. . . .

The sad fact of my life is that I've lived out of boxes for almost my entire life. Not just from being poor and using cardboard boxes to make toys, but also from moving so much! My own military life started when I was 17, and staying military up until the present has provided for so many moves, that by the time I get the boxes unpacked, it's time to move again. Ugg! This should be it; we should be done. Hubby says we're done moving. Funny, given I've moved more than him. But then again, he's traveled more than I because of all his many deployments. What an adventurous life we live. Plainly excitedly boring. *grin*

Well, that's the quick update for uh, the last day or two? I've totally lost track of time, as each day has flowed into one another, seemingly without a break or pause.

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment