A few posts ago, I linked a website that was supposed to provide support for military wives. I was quite excited about it, obviously enough to post and link it here, and am wondering if it was just one more "fad" thing that seems to occur quite a lot on the internet. Something goes "viral" and everybody jumps on board. . . until the next "viral" thing comes along. I usually try to stay away from those kind of things, but am not always successful.
What's difficult, I suppose, is losing a bit of figurative support-- again. Our life isn't ordinary, unless you're long-time military. I feel too old for this generation, the "Y" generation, which is the one that came after mine. Although, I feel too old for mine as well, and wouldn't be surprised if my increased "age looks" come from the stressful life we've led.
Grey streaks through my hair, lines across my brow, wrinkles around my eyes. Hubby has lots of wrinkles, too, but no grey hair. We're "old before our time," so I guess it's a good thing we had kids early in our marriage and life.
When laugh happens, we're not always aware of the changes it leaves on us. The subtle changes that occur day-to-day. Military life allows the opportunity for seeing the changes more, because of the frequent separations which can last months or over a year at a time. But even still, what effects have occurred for us that we're not really aware of?
Recently my kids have commented on "Mom's always mad/tired/sad/cranky/______." I am incredibly saddened that my kids don't remember how full of life and laughter I was; one more sacrifice on the alter before Life happened.
So with the upcoming changes because of a new school year, everyone seems to be preparing for "life" again. Normalcy-- that thing that takes place when it's not summer vacation. We are, too, as this coming school year will be very different for us, if all goes as planned (that remains to be seen).
We're excited, anxious, and yet still looking forward to the difference. The Boy will be in public school-- a high schooler! And Girl will (if all goes as planned) be part of the homeschool group in this district, doing some classes through them and then some of the course work here at home-- very much "middle school."
Well, Hubby just got home from work. It's been another long hot day, and we need our "night routine."
One of the many changes of Life Happening-- we need routine.
End of rambling.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment