Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Big Week

A lot can happen in 11 days. The short recap: Hubby's family visited (first time in like, 20 years the 4 of them have all been under the same roof). The kids thoroughly enjoyed having company (as is typical of our little social people). The visit was kept low-key and "chillin" which I found easy to handle. The weather has taken on a chill, and there's snow on the mountains again.

I'll go against my usual policy of not posting pics of my children, but seeing as how this was an important event and photo, I'll share:

Stoll Family (less Cedeham), on our deck, Oct 2012


And the biggest event, of course, was the Homecoming Dance last night. Again, against my usual, I have to post this because doggone it, they're so cute!!!

My Boy and his GF, Homecoming 20 Oct 2012

I can so easily see how much my Boy looks like his Daddy in this picture. What a handsome feller! Thanks to Hubby, his dad, and Hubby's brother, Boy had gotten this sharp looking outfit after 4 hours f shopping and 3 or 4 different stores. Yesterday early evening we found (through the help of a friend) where to get a corsage--I'm clueless on these things-- and Boy treated his GF with respect and gentlemanly (which is one of the things his GF brags about). While this good looking couple were standing in line for Homecoming, apparently a comment was made on my Boy looking good by some other girls, to which Boy's GF said, "Back off, he's MINE!" *grin* Boy reported he placed his hands where I taught him during the dancing, but that he got to second base because of GF placing his hands there! And moving his hand from her waist to her hips, he informed us with a grin. First base didn't come until later, and I had the giddy delight of witnessing! After we all met up at a restaurant in town (Boy, GF, my Girl, Hubby, me and GF's Dad) and were leaving, Boy was getting his coat back (GF was cold and finally accepted Boy's offer of his coat) and he leaned in slightly for the quick kiss. GF practically pulled him in, having been waiting for a month to get a kiss from him. All my gentle-man did was give her a quick peck, though, and said goodnight. He was probably nervous as all get out, since we were all in the parking lot together! heheheheheh

Girl and I were supposed to have a girl's night after dropping of Boy and GF at Homecoming-- I wore my formal dress, 4" stilettos,  and had on evening eye make up and Girl put on a dress (which she rarely ever wears these days) and did her hair. But, after a practical joke we pulled on a friend earlier in the evening, Girl decided she wanted this friend's son to come with us (she was dumping me for a BOY???? Already????), which turned out not being able to happen as that boy ("T") was drowning his football loss sorrows w/ the other players at the movies. So Girl and I got our food to go and came home to eat it (which wasn't so bad, because it was cold out and this way I got to eat in my jammies). Not long later, GF called and was ready to leave Homecoming early ("too crowded and too loud and I don't feel good"); was able to quickly put the dress, nylons and shoes on, call GF's dad to let him know the change of plans, and accommodate.

All in all, it's been a very busy week (and year, obviously), and I'm ready for a little R & R, not like that's going to happen. I'm behind on laundry (but hey, I ironed Boy's outfit, and I haven't ironed anything in years!), general housekeeping, and everything else. But today is a pleasant day so far, as the big events of this month are completed and went well. Now there's only a few days left of this awful month, and we'll get into the "holiday season," which this year I'm looking forward to, as I should have the energy to go "all out" like usual.

In a later post, I'll do the "before-during-after" pics of The Hangout work. I still have to compile and size the pics and whatnot, but first I have to catch up on house chores.

Oi! Longer entry than I anticipated, but definitely shorter than what I could write about just the last 10 days! It's been a big week, and

~Cedeham~

No comments:

Post a Comment