We've lived in this odd little place for 2 1/2 years, and I still haven't completely figured out how to do it! I made great strides in learning how to furnish the place-- antique stores (big smile). Antique furniture is smaller, because people had smaller houses (duh!), and thus is suitable for our. . . unique and awkward living space.
I think we've adapted fairly well, but of course, we need still more adaption. That means it's time to change our environment. Not just physically-- though a larger project is now underway-- but non-physically as well. Re-evaluating relationships on every level, being appreciative for the lessons that have come through our environment, physical and not-physical.
The major change we're physically making now is the process of moving the "entertainment" to the barn/"Hangout"/"Man Cave"/"Dawg House" (pick a name)-- the too big flat panel, the blu-ray player, and the thousand or so DVDs (and a couple of blu-ray discs), as well as the nice shelves Hubby designed and built for the movies are all going to be in the "family zone" of the barn. We're hoping not only for the physical opening up of the house space, but also to add a bit more meaning to "family movie night" (which is always done here at home). The flat panel is better suited for the amount of space in the barn, and I've never liked having a t.v. set in the "living/hostessing" area of my home.
That major change will bring about the opportunity for more re-arranging of current furnishings. I'm greatly looking forward to that, and hoping to have it done in time for Christmas decorating. Time will tell on that one.
Hard to believe December is upon us, and the 2013 year is almost finished. Time is flying.
~Cedeham~
No comments:
Post a Comment