Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yarnlightful

There is just nothing quite like taking the time to "yarn porn," as Boy started calling it. That's in regards to my using a search engine and look at images of yarn, things made of yarn, everything to do with yarn and crocheting and knitting.

*Happy sigh*

Had a moment there. :-) I was just being very delighted by some gorgeous yarn pictures, and am now wanting very much to head to the little shop I recently found to go caress the yarn. The problem is, caressing the yarn leads to more. . . like, buying it and bringing it home and staring at it and feeling it and thinking of all the things that I could make from it. But, do I want to knit it, or crochet it? Do I want to keep this yarnlightfulness to myself, or sell it or give it as a gift?

Hubby has suggested for my "hobby" name I should use "The Absent-Minded Hooker." I am giving that serious consideration. Can you imagine the looks I'd get when passing out my hobby cards? Or better yet, sit on the main street corner in town, crocheting away, with a sign that reads "The Absent-Minded Hooker" and have some of my "for sale" yarn projects out. Wonder if I'd get um, you know, propositioned? Oh, yikes, what if I got taken to jail for propositioning because people may not realize crocheters are referred to as "hookers" in the yarn porn industry?

What? I'm not funny? Okay. Well, sometimes. I mean, sometimes I am funny. Maybe not this time-- maybe I'm just too exhausted and in dire need of restorative sleep.

Oh well. So, here's at least a pic. These are the items that I have placed in a shop in town, where I'm vending. I definitely need to readjust my prices (they're far too high for the location), and I need to change out the stock. . . and pay my rent! Could life altering situations give us a break for just a little while?

All hand crocheted by Cedeham




I thought the Seahawks colored loop scarf would sell for sure, as I had it placed before they even made it to the Superbowl. No go. I guess the design is too simple, which isn't "in" right now. The other stuff, well, there's more that are in various places around the store. Like for a little while, the blanket was displayed as below.

100% wool, 7-point star afghan; hand crocheted by Cedeham



I did have to adjust the price on it, because no one would be able to afford what it's really worth. Such is life when one hand crafts items-- we don't get paid even minimum wage!

What's up with that, anyway? Maybe I should do the "bum" thing and hold up a sign. I'd be sure to wear my most beat up shoes. . . oh wait, I did just throw them away (finally). I have some others that could be used.

~Cedeham~

1 comment: